Dr. Diwan Harish Chand is a prominent world-renowned homeopath. Prof. Dr. Diwan Harish Chand is President of Honor at the Liga Medicorum Homeopathic Internationalis and has been president at their Congresses during the years 1967 and 1977. He is the Honorary Homeopathic physician to the President of India. He was the adviser in homeopathy at the Ministry of Health in India during the years 1980-85
Dr. Diwan Jai Chand is considered as an eminent Indian homeopath. He was born on 3rd July 1887 in Bhawalpur State, a place that later went into West Pakistan during the partition of India after independence. He had his initial medical education at the K.E. Medical College, Lahore.
In the year 1910, he left for the U.K. to get L.R.C.P., L.R.C.S. (Edin), L.R.F.P. & S. (Glas), D.P.H. (Edin), and D.T.M. (L.pool), L.M 🙁 Dub). On return from the U.K. in 1913, he joined as Deputy Sanitary Commissioner in the Public Health Department, of the Punjab Government.
He was the first Indian to be appointed to that high post by the British Indian government. He resigned soon after and started a clinic in Lahore in 1915. He soon converted to homeopathy. After the partition of India and Pakistan, he shifted to Delhi and established his clinic in New Delhi. He passed away on 14th May 1961.
1. He was the President of the Punjab Homeopathic League in Lahore.
2. He was the founder and Principal of National Homeopathic College in Lahore in the early twenties.
3. He was President of the All-India Institute of Homeopathy, Delhi.
4. He also founded and edited an excellent journal, “Health and Homeopathy”.
5. In 1952, he was appointed a Member of “the Ad Hoc Committee on Homeopathy”. In the year 1956, this committee became “The Homeopathic Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India”. He remained a member of this committee till his death.