Timothy Field Allen most commonly known as T.F. Allen was an Eminent American homeopath. He was born on April 24, 1837, in Westminster, Vermont. He belonged to a doctor’s family. His father was also a physician.
Allen completed his medical education at Amherst College of New York University in 1861. He learned his homeopathic classes in Brooklyn, New York. He taught Anatomy at the New York Homeopathic Medical College in the year 1867. During the years 1882-1893, he worked as a professor of Therapeutics and Materia Medica and then became President. Allen’s two other interests were music and botany. His son, Paul Allen, graduated from New York Medical College in 1889. T.F.Allen died in the year of 1902.
Timothy Field Allen Contributions
1. Over 10 years, he compiled the massive Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica, 12 Volumes, which was a complete record of all provings done with homeopathic drugs, and wrote a number of other books as well.
2. He was also the Director of a Homeopathic Insane Asylum in Middletown, New York. For decades this institution was a center for research and treatment of mental disease according to scientific homeopathic principles.
3. He taught Materia Medica for more than 40 years.
4. T.F.Allen was co-editor of the US Medical and Surgical Journal from 1867 to 1870.
5. Co-editor of the New York Journal of Homeopathy in 1873-74.
6. He was also the Director of the New York Botanical Gardens.