Dr. Pratap Chandra Majumdar took his L.M.S. degree in the year 1878 from Calcutta Medical College. He was awarded the honorary degree of M.D. from the U.S.A., he was introduced to homeopathy by his father-in-law Dr. B.L. Bhaduri.
As a result, Dr.Majumdar converted to homeopathy and spent his whole life in the development of this system. He fortified his knowledge of Hahnemannian homeopathy by assisting Dr. L. Salzer for a pretty long time. This great homeopath died on Oct. 22, 1922.
Pratap Chandra Majumdar’s Contributions:
1. Honorary Vice-President, International Homeopathic Congress, American Institute of Homeopathy, 1906 Atlantic City, N.J.
2. Dr.Majumdar was a prover too, proving a number of indigenous drugs. The works of such provings were compiled into a large number of books in English and Bengali.
3. He edited the Indian Homeopathic Review, the second oldest homeopathic journal in India.
4. He attended the Fourth International Homeopathic Congress held in Chicago in June 1891.
5. In collaboration with Dr. D.N. Roy, he established the Calcutta Homeopathic Medical College in 1881 and maintained it till his death. 6. Majumdar wrote a book title “Appendicitis”.